We are never quite sure about what features to add to our website in order to make our visitors feel comfortable in navigating our website.
Similarly, we must give them a good call-to-action button so that they can easily get in touch with us with his/her requirement. Apart from it, there must be good visibility of all your offering with the unique selling points (USPs).
However, I have tried to make a website feature checklist. In order to make it easy for people like me to get a good check on features while developing a website for them or their clients.
So here we go:
Simultaneously, we have listed some of the most important features divided in sections:
Website features for Header:
- Brand Name, Logo, and Tag Line.
- Website Colour – Contrast Colour using colours used in Logo.
- Phone Number – clickable and trackable.
- Call-to-Action Button
- Top Navigation
- Bread Crumb Navigation
Website features for Body:
7. Image or Slider or Video – reflecting exactly what you offer.
8. Reviews and Testimonials
9. Important Business Information
10. Quality Content – reflecting USP of your business
11. Main Features of your business.
12. Internal Links – to website pages.
Features for Footer:
13. Navigation – a secondary navigation menu.
14. Social Media Profiles
15. Online Chat Feature
16. Business Hours
17. Contact Information
18. About Us Page
19. nner Page Content – Elaborating more about your products and services
20. Contact form
21. Anti-Spam Captcha
23. FAQ Page
24. Blog Page
25. Comment feature
26. Search bar
28. Social Media Share
Content and Design:
29. Clean font for good readability
30. Links that are Easy to understand URLs
31. Mobile responsive
32. Hamburger menu on mobile site
33. Spell and Grammar check.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
34. Meta Title and Meta Description.
35. Sitemap creation
36. Easy to update URL structure
Server and Hosting:
37. Fast and reliable hosting
38. Daily Website Backup
40. Optimized code for fast page loading
41. Use a CMS – to make empower you so that you can manage your website on your own.
42. Cross-browser compatibility
43. Google Search Console integration
44. Google Analytics Integration
45. Microformats – Schema.org tagging for Google to read (especially if you’re a local business).
46. Twitter card data for twitter, and Open Graph tagging for Facebook can all enhance your visibility.
47. When your site is shared or found on search and social media the Open Graph shows result.
48. Site Caching – To manage website speed when there’s good traffic.
Additional Website features to choose from:
49. Newsletter Signup
50. CDN – Content Delivery Networks to further improve your website speed and security.
52. Landing Pages
55. Map – Google My Business, Bing Map, Apple Map
56. Logo Bar – To showcase your clients.
57. Premium Resources – Infographics, white papers, and case studies.
58. Mobile Standards – Facebook Instant Articles, Apple News, Google News, and also Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
59. Payment Gateway – PayPal, Stripe, RazorPay, Instamojo